About the programme
The New Consultants Development Programme is open to substantive new Consultants within the Trust. It is designed to support the transition of new consultants by providing an opportunity to learn and network with colleagues at a similar stage in their professional development.
The programme comprises 3 - 4 development workshops per year and is facilitated by the Director of Medical Education, Dr Stefan Gleeson.
The programme seeks to:
- Bring new consultants together to learn with and from each other, sharing stories of success, challenge and learning
- Provide protected time and space for new consultants to consider the care they deliver within the wider context of the Trust’s organisational values and business processes
- Provide an opportunity to meet with and talk to members of the Executive team
- Support new consultants in identifying their development needs and use these to inform workshop content
- Introduce new consultants to key people, managers and resources within the wider Trust
- Facilitate informal networking with peers outside the new consultants' normal team environment